Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Grrr..


It was a real nerve wrecking morning. I was sitting on the bus practising what i might be asked to say to later.


Just yesterday, Viviane , who took an earlier class of Professional Communication on Monday for the first time, had told me how strict her tutor was, asking the students to go up one after another to make a speech on a random topic and expecting them to actively participate in class. As my first Prof Com class was just before her 2nd lesson at the same tutorial classroom, she reckond we might be having the same lecturer and warned me to be careful and told me the various topics her tutor set for the class.


Here i was sitting on the bus, listening to my mp3 while the various topics kept going through my mind. At some point of the time, i reassured myself that nothing was going to happen, afterall it was just going to be a 5 min speech. Everytime i tried to stop, it will automatically come back again. I just could not contain myself.


Just as i was about to reach school, the butterflies in my stomach suddenly transformed into some form of pain. Fortunately, i was early for class. I quickly walked to the nearest toilet to settle myself.


Time to go to class! I finally heaved a great sigh of relief when i realised that my tutor was a cucasian man in his 40s. It was completely different from the loud, strict and fearful head-of- english department tutor that Viviane mentioned. I somewhat like the way he teaches, clear and precise. I am going to enjoy my time with him :)

No comments: